Do you want to know what you should use to clean your ear piercing?
As we all know cleaning the ear piercing is very important, but the most important thing is to know the right things you should use to clean the ear piercing.
Today in this article, I’m going to share six things to should use to clean your ear piercing and prevent it from getting infected.
After getting an ear pierced there is a high chance of getting an infection that’s why it is important to clean your ears at least twice times a day, you can also use some antiseptic solution, saltwater, H2Ocean, and other cleaning solution to clean all the bacteria from your ear piercing.
Table of contents
- What can you use to Clean Ear Piercings?
- How to Clean Ear piercing with Saltwater?
- Can I use Contact Saline Solution to Clean my Piercing?
- Can I use Alcohol to clean my Ear Piercing?
- What Should you Avoid using Ear Piercing?
What can you use to Clean Ear Piercings?
I have mention all the liquid solution that you can use to clean the ear piercing to prevent it from getting infection. I have also given all the steps to use them properly.
1. Antiseptic Solution
The first thing you can use to clean your ear piercing is Antiseptic Solution, this solution is specially made to clean all the bacteria. But make sure you’re not over cleaning the piercing.
Overcleaning could damage your ears so be carefull, Also don’t use the same cotton ball again and again on the ear piercing to avoid infection.
You can use this solution twice a day, just take a cotton ball and dip it into the antiseptic solution and apply it around your ear piercing, make sure you are not over pressing the cotton ball on your ears.
2. Antibacterial soap
Antibacterial soap is best to clean your ear piercing, this will help to remove all the bacteria from the piercing, but ensure that your hands are clean before washing your ears.
After cleaning your hands take few drops of antibacterial soap on your hand and rub it until it converted into foam, do it like you’re normally soap after the foam created apply it on the piercing and wait for at least 15 seconds.
After 15-20 seconds you can wash the soap with normal water, just clean it properly with water and then dry the piercing with the help of a cloth.
3. Isopropyl Alcohol
Some people don’t like to use antiseptic solution because it dry out the skin, but to fix this problem to can apply some diluted lavender/tea tree oil after cleaning your ear piercing with isopropyl alcohol.
The skin of your ear skin is so thin that’s why there are more likely to cause damage and the problem with the alcohol is it makes the skin dry and the skin also gets cracks.
Before applying any type of alcohol on your ear piercing be sure to follow all the instructions that your piercer has given to you.
4. Saline Solution
A lot of people are confused between saline water and saltwater, but I tell you that they both are the same, saline water (or saltwater) is made of salt and water mixture.
The saline solution helps to remove all the bacteria from the pierced areas, many piercers recommend this solution to use on the ear piercing to clean it. you can apply the saline solution twice a day on the ear piercing.
You can buy saline water from any pharmacy or you can order it from amazon. but if you want to make your own saline water at home then follow the given steps below.
How to make Saline Water at Home?
- Take 8 ounces of distilled water you can also use any drinking water available at your home. (You can buy distilled water from any grocery store.)
- Now take 1/4 tablespoon of sea salt and dump into the water. (Make sure it does not contain iodine)
- Mix both water and sea salt with the help of a spoon ensure that the salt is dissolved into the water properly.
- Take a spray bottle to store the solution. (You can use any bottle)
- Ta-DA you just make a saline solution at home you can also use it as a sea salt soaked.
H2ocean spray is a very famous solution to clean the ear piercing, H2ocean is easily available at any medical store or you can even order it from an online store.
The best thing about H2ocean is that is it very easy to use, you just have to spray the solution on your ears then use a cloth to clean the pierced area, but make sure to use the cloth gently.
How to use H2ocean on Ear piercing?
- Take a Q-tips and spray some H2ocean solution to the Q-tips.
- Now move the Q-tips on your ear piercing area and start cleaning it.
- Be careful while cleaning ensures you are not moving the Q-tips too much.
- After done the cleaning apply some Antibacterial solution to the piercing.
How to Clean Ear piercing with Saltwater?
Clean a ear piercing with saltwater is very simple, it is also easy to make saltwater at home just follow the steps I mention before in this article.
But now let see how can you clean the ear piercing with the help of salt water.
- Take some saltwater and a Q-tips.
- Apply saltwater on your ear piercing area.
- Now clean the border of the piercing hole with help of Q-tips.
- After completing the above step takes some antibacterial solution and apply it to the piercing.
- Repeat these steps twice a day, Ensure that you are overdoing it.
Can I use Contact Saline Solution to Clean my Piercing?
Contact saline solution is one of the best solution to clean ear piercing because it does not contain any type of chemical, alcohol, or any harmful things. Many piercers recommend contact saline solution to clean the pierced area.
Contact saline solution can be use twice a day don’t over use it otherwise it can cause damage, but before apply any kind of solution make sure to ask your piercer first.
After cleaning the piercing you can use any type of moisturizer cream like petroleum jelly to avoid any dryness on the pierced area.
Can I use Alcohol to clean my Ear Piercing?
The skin of the ear is so thin that’s why alcohol can make your dry out the skin which is not a good thing for ear piercing. But still, if you are using any alcoholic solution then at least use something like diluted lavender/tea tree oil to balance out the dryness.
Most of the piercer didn’t recommend alcohol to clean the ear-piercing because it can cause damage as you see in the image. If you using any kind of alcohol solution then make sure to use moisturizer cream like petroleum jelly to avoid any dryness on the pierced area.
What Should you Avoid using Ear Piercing?
I hope this article what can I use to clean my ear piercing helped you to find all the answer to your question, You may also want to know What Size Hoop for Ear Cartilage Piercing? 6 Jewelry or Can you Wear Earbuds or AirPods with a Daith Piercing? 6 Tips.